Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

United Kingdom’s Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus,” the BBC News has reported.

Sky Sport quoting Clarence House reports that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease in a statement released this morning.

Prince Charles who is a heir to the throne is said to have displayed “mild symptoms” on Sunday and was then tested on Monday, with the results coming through late on Tuesday night local time.

Charles “otherwise remains in good health” and has been self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall – who has tested negative for coronavirus.

“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

Sky News’ royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills said that since then Charles has a “small number of meetings”, and that all people he has come into contact with have been tested.

Doctors’ most conservative estimate is that he would have been contagious since 13 March, she added.

He last met the Queen on the morning of 12 March and the 93-year-old monarch is said to be in “good health” and following all appropriate health and safety advice.

Following Prince Charles’ diagnosis, Buckingham Palace said: “Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health.

“The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare. We will not be commenting further.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *